The digital CLS is a low power, high sensitivity, Color light sensor with an I2C interface. This color sensor senses red, green, blue, white (RGBW) and infrared light and converts them to digital values. The RGBW sensor is designed to reject IR in light sources allowing the device to operate in environments from sunlight to dark rooms. The integrating ADC rejects 50Hz and 60Hz flicker caused by artificial light sources. A selectable range allows the user to optimize sensitivity suitable for the illuminance and color temperature of ambient light for adjusting LCD backlight of TV, mobile phone and tablet PC. The digital CLS supports hardware and software user programmable interrupt thresholds.
• I2C interface (Fast Speed Mode at 400kHz/s)
• Supply Voltage Range from 2.4V to 3.6V
• I2C BUS Voltage Range from 1.7V t o 3.6V
• Operating Temperature Range from 40°C to +65°C
• Support parallel output for (R, G, B, W, IR)
• Up to 16 bit Digital Output (0~65535)
• Programmable Dynamic Range Ratio (x1, x4, x8, x32, x96)
• High resolution (0.002 Lux/count)
• Maximum detection lux ( 204,679 Lux)
• Programmable integration time
• 50Hz/60Hz flicker noise and IR rejection
• Individual programmable low and high threshold for interrupt function
• The product itself will remain within RoHS compliant version
• Compliance with EU REACH
• Compliance Halogen Free(Br < 900ppm, Cl < 900ppm, Br+Cl < 1500ppm)
• Detection of ambient for controlling the backlight of TFT LCD display.
• Automatic residential and commercial lighting management.
• Automatic contrast enhancement for electronic signboard.
• Mobile phone, Smart phone, PDA, Tablet PC.